What's new

Problems with my AVR 225 (1 Viewer)

Mike.exe

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael
I have an AVR 225 Receiver that iv had for about 1 year now. I disconnected it for a couple months, and recently now I've reconnected it. I noticed the left channel is more quiet than the right. So i tried adjusting the DB settings, giving the left +3 and the right 0. That evened out the volume. However, i noticed the following:

1) The bass on the left is far less than the right
2) The voice of the singer (of the music i played) was more faint on the left.

Solutions: I tried switching the speakers (put the right speaker on the left channel) and it was still more quiet. Then i switched wires. Still, Quiet. I adjusted Balance, Bass, Treble. No change in speaker effectiveness. So out of curiosity, I cranked it up (brought it to -8). Both channels played Loud, with no distortion. But the bass is hurting on the left.

My Set up: I used an Xbox to play the music with an optical (digital) cable. Then switched to analog. No change.
I used my PC with a coaxle cable (digital). No change. So its not my method of playing music.

Speakers: I'm running two towers. Each towers consist: 1 Dynaudio silk dome tweeter, 1 6.5" Audax mid, And 1 6.5" Seas mid.

If someone could tell me why my left channel is lacking volume, bass and vocals, any help is appreciated. So far, i conclude the amp is damaged. Tho, i don't know how since I've kept it well, and its worked perfectly well over the year that I've had it. Though, it would puzzle me how it can play loud with no distortion if it were damaged.

Thank you for any help.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
That is weird. Usually when an amp fails it just quits working all together. There's a way to "reset" the receiver to factory settings. I'd give it a try. The procedure is in the manual. If you don't have the manual it's available on-line at H/K's website. Unfortunately, resetting it means you will lose any preset settings/adjustments you've made. Hope it works.

Mike.exe

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael
I did try it. No success :frowning: But thanx man. Everything is set to its Default settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HobbitGolf
Recent bookmarks