What's new

Problems with JVC XV-SA75 (1 Viewer)

Joe Road

Agent
THis is my first post to the HTF. I have been reading posts here for a while and thought you guys might be able to help me.

Last week I picked up a JVC XV-SA75 DVD player at best buy. Open Box it cost me only $79! No remote, cables, or manuals, just the player. I ordered a remote from JVC for $30.

Anyways, I hooked it up and started playing DVD-Audio discs and noticed no sound from the rear speakers. I went to the player setup menu and changed the rear speaker level to +6 db. I can hear the rears now but they are still low volume compared to the front. Is there any other settings I can change to get the rear speakers louder for DVD-A? Here is how I have it set up.

All speakers set to small. Bass going to my Sub. Front 0db, Center +1, Rear: +6, SW: 0db. Running the test tone, the front, center and sub are equal but the rears are still about 2-4 db too low!! +6 is the highest they will go.

I tried seting the delay to -15ms. I don't know exactly what that does but it didn't seem to help. I am still new to DVD-A.

I am running the 6 analog cables to my onkyo tx-ds989. All my speakers are Klipsch. (don't remember the model numbers).

Please Help!!

Peter Rohlfs

Second Unit
Real Name
Peter Rohlfs
Mine works, here are the settings:
(hit choice on the remote)

Preference 1:
Controls language and video, set anyway you want

Preference2:
Digital Audio Output: Stream/PCM
Down Mix: Off
Compression: Off
DTS Bass Management: Off
Auto Standby: Off
Screen Saver: Mode 2 (your preference)
AV Compulink: DVD1 (unless you use, I think no difference)

SPK. Setting:
Expert

F. SP, C. SP, R. SP Large
Bass None

The Level and Delay set as you see fit.

When you click on Level or Delay you can use the test tone, but it won't hit the sub woofer, though the music will use it.

If still no rears, check your receiver settings (min'e a Kenwood, so I can't help there).

Also, use topmenu on the remote when the DVD-A is in the player and make sure you are playing the surround instead of the stereo on the DVD-A.

Hope something here helps.

Peter

Joe Road

Agent
I called JVC and the lady wasn't much help. She told me to check my reciever. In muti-chanell input there isn't much settings on the 989. She made me do a hard reset on the player and it helped a little bit. I can hear the rears but they are 2 or 3 db lower than the fronts. Very uneven sounding.

Joe Road

Agent
Would a ICBM help my problem?

Edit: Thanks Peter. I tried those settings, but my rear speakers are still too low. Do you think my reciever settings have anything to do with it? Like I said before, you can hear them but compared to the front they are low.

Joe Road

Agent
I finally fixed it! There was an analog speaker level setting on my onkyo 989. At first the onkyo support lady said there was no settings on the reciever. Then she told me to press the CH Select button on the remote and it worked! Finally I am hearing DVD-A the way it was meant to be heard! Linkin Park sounds so awesome in surround sound.

Peter do the level settings on the sa75 only apply to DD/DTS? Also does the unit really do bass management for DVD-A or only for DD/DTS? I think I am going to get an ICBM because of all the good reviews they have gotten on this forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks