What's new

Problems with J&R and UPS (1 Viewer)

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
Hoping for some opinions here. I purchased a CD player from J&R Music World which was suppossed to be delivered by UPS on Feb. 17, but it never arrived.

I contacted J&R about this via e-mail, and they promptly instructed me to contact UPS to request another delivery attempt. I made it clear in my e-mail that the item was never delivered, but apparently the rep from J&R didn't bother to read that.

I contacted UPS, and they were at least nice in attempting to help me, however they can't locate the item at all and instructed me to call them back on Monday stating the item may have been damaged or "pilfered".

What bothers me about this situation is that J&R has essentially left me to do the leg-work in finding an item I purchased from them, and that they have made no attempt assist me.

So I spent an hour on the phone with UPS today. About 50 minutes of that hour was spent on hold, and 10 minutes spent talking to 3 different people. Now I have to call UPS again on Monday and spend who knows how much time on the phone again...from my work place no less.

Now this seems wrong to me, and I'm pretty annoyed that I, as the customer am being left to locate my item. Do I have reason to be annoyed with this?

Either way, I've come to understand why many people tell me it's worth paying a little more for purchases at Crutchfield.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
What bothers me about this situation is that J&R has essentially left me to do the leg-work in finding an item I purchased from them, and that they have made no attempt assist me.
There's not much they can do that you haven't already done: ask UPS to find the package. If UPS confirms that the package has been lost, that's when I'd go back to J&R.

M.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
I didn't expect the order to arrive the day of the blizzard, and was really too busy digging out to even care.

But in the places I've worked that dealt with shipping goods to customers, the customers were never the people to deal with carriers when lost or delayed shipments occurred. Putting that on the customer is a bad business practice IMO.

The merchant knows the process, has a business relationship with the carrier and almost always has direct access to the people that need to be spoken to in order to resolve an issue like this. I see absolutely no reason for J&R to push the responsibility of dealing with the carrier onto the customer.

Anyway, I spoke with a rude J&R rep today, a claim has been filed and now all I can do is wait for that process to finish so I can get my CD player. Once that happens, I'll be officially and permanently done with J&R.

Brae

Supporting Actor
Tracking numbers work real well. J&R should be able to forward you the UPS tracking number, and in turn UPS can track the unit (unless they truly lost it).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks