What's new

problems with hk dpr2005? (1 Viewer)

Chris Moen

Auditioning
The DPR2005 technology sounds interesting, but I've read a couple mediocre reviews on other sites. They comment on a slight delay in sound production when switching inputs or starting a CD. One person also noted a popping sound when this occurs. Can anyone comment on experience with this? Is it a persistent problem or just a couple of unhappy customers? I've also read that an update may come out (or maybe already has) to address this problem, according to one of these reviewers. I've found the model for as little as $700 in some stores, and I wonder if this is too good to be true or just a great deal.

Chris

Johnal

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Johnal
I am curious about this as well. I currently use the AVR 7200 but I am familiar with the "delay" of sound production which I was assured was actually normal for some HK receivers. The price you mentioned for a DPR2005 is pretty good. I beleive costco.com is selling it for around that price and if I'm not mistaken, thanks to Costco's amazing return policy, you could potentially return it after a year so long as you still have the box and receipt if you decide there is something else out there you'd prefer.

-J

scott>c

Second Unit
My friend also had issues with this receiver. He also had the popping noises and problems with it switching out of dplIIx.

MikeNg

Second Unit
My center channel amp went out. I've run into so many problematic HK units that I'm seriously doubting their QC.

Long been an HK fan but I'm not too happy with their DPR units. I will not buy one again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks