Problems with Dukes of Hazzard Disc 1?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by JamieF, Aug 20, 2004.

1. JamieF

JamieF Auditioning

I finally bought S1 at Best Buy yesterday. I pop in the first disc and the first episode freezes around the seven minute mark. I go back to Best Buy and exchange it easily. I watched Side A last night and the first episode of Side B with no problems.

So what happens this morning? The beginning of episode 5 (High Octane) keeps freezing. Arrgh.

Being fairly new to DVD, any advice on what I should do? Should I go to a different Best Buy assuming the whole batch of DoH was bad? My player is fairly new (bought it last Nov.) and this is the first problem I've had with a disc.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

2. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    I don't know what you should do, but my first copy wouldn't even display the menu on start-up and wouldn't play episode 1. It froze up entirely unless you physically hit the menu button, and then would skip to episode 2 if you tried to access episode 1. My second copy (both from Fry's) worked fine.

3. Tory

Tory -The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

Tory
    Best Buy takes the DVDs returned due to defects and puts it back on the shelf. While it is possible they have a damaged batch, they also recycle the damaged ones returned. Try again and if it happends again, demand your money back.