What's new

Problems with DD (1 Viewer)

Buckethead78

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
I just hooked up my new HK 254 yesterday. Everything seems to work, with one exception. My Xbox sends the signal through optical cable that DD is present(according to the receiver), but there is no sound!

My other sources seem to work fine. Might this be as simple as a bad cable?

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
So, you have set the Xbox to output the audio as "Bitstream", or "Raw"?
It could be the cable. If you unplug the cable from the back of the receiver (still plugged into Xbox), can you see a red light in the end of the cable? Just a glance.........don't let the laser stay in your eyes.

Buckethead78

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
I can see a light in the cable.

I should clarify, it is an Xbox 360, and output is set to DD in the audio settings.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Did you configure the input on the reciever? Most digital receivers I'm familiar with don't pre-assign the digital audio inputs to AV sources, because they don't know what combination of optical and coaxial digital outputs your particular components might have. Instead they let you assign, say Digital 2 (Optical) to Video 1, and Digital 4 (coax) to Video 2, etc.

Regards,

Joe

Buckethead78

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Joe -- Yep, inputs are assigned. The receiver does recognize the signal as the receiver has "dolby digital" onscreen. If it was not getting a signal, it would be in "Logic 7" mode.

I just can't figure out why there's no sound from the speakers :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks