What's new

Problems with Comcast Cable HD Box (1 Viewer)

Kage

Stunt Coordinator
A few months ago, I got HD service from Comcast and it had no problems, the receiver that I gotis a Motorola 5100 (silver color). Lately, I'm having problems with it. The problems are pixelization, freezing, and audio droputs. This occurs on all the HD channels the I have. Is this a problem with this particular HD cable box model? Does Comcast have better HD Cable boxes?

Chuck Mullen

Stunt Coordinator
Kage,
What area are you in? I am in Montgomery County, MD. (Washington DC suburb)
I have problems identical to yours and would like to know whats going on without calling Comcast and talking with someone who has no idea what I am talking about.

Michael__M

Stunt Coordinator
Sounds like a signal problem to me. I would have the cable guys come out and check the signal strentgh.

BenK

Stunt Coordinator
I'm in Michigan and I get pixelation and audio dropouts occasionally using the same box. Its not very common but then again I dont really watch HD cable much.

Ramon A

Agent
i have had hd service for a while and on ocasion have noticed what you are talking about but 99 percent of the time mine is fine. however when my cable guy was last out he said that the problem was due to signal strength. now i have five boxes hooked up and 2 signal boosters to help with signal feed. comcast claims there only rated to send signal to 2 sources without a drop in strength. so i would try adding signal strength with a power booster you can get one at radio shack.

Im not shure signal booster is the proper name but its an electric plug with a cable in and a cable out conected to it. or com cast will come out and take care of it for you and test you signal strength.

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
Funny, I had exactly the same problems you are describing last night, while I was trying to watch CSI:Miami. My box is also a Comcast/Motorola 5100 and I'm in Fremont, CA.

Jason-K

Auditioning
I recently got comcast HD as well, and although Im loving it, I also see some pixelization. I live in Northern CA, bay area, what are my other options for HDTV? I wouldn't mind getting more channels. Is comcast the best for this?
Jay

Ramon A

Agent
just so you know i had dss and had the same pixel problems. for what ever reason digital signal has this with both comcast and dss but i believe comcast has less of it.
i personally believe it has more to due with scrambling the signal so you cant pirate it. but i could be wrong and as far as channels i think they both have about the same amount at least in northern cali butt dss does allow you to watch channel on east coast time so if you want to watch the tonight show or some other show earlier you can.

Chuck Mullen

Stunt Coordinator

Do you mean that if you have HBO in HD than dss gives you east and west feeds? If so thats cool! I don't have that with comcast.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks