Problems with buttons on the Gamecube controller

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Luke_H, Jan 4, 2002.

1. Luke_H

Luke_H Stunt Coordinator

Anyone have problems with the A or B button on the official gamecube controller?

What happens to me is, after some use the a or b or both buttons feel dead, they won't push down or pop up. I heard of a fix of twisting the controller and that does help, put only for a round or so of smash brothers and then I have to twist again.

I bought 2 extra controllers and the one that comes with the system all 3 have had problems and I've exchanged one that was real bad where the twist trick didn't work.

Before I take one apart, has anyone else discovered a fix?

2. Jantzen

Jantzen Stunt Coordinator

Sorry - no fix but I had the same problem with my B button... Luckily I still had the receipt and returned for a new one..

I was shocked that this happened after less than a week of use. I thought maybe I was too rough with it but I guess this may be a bigger problem with the controllers....

3. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

Weird. I've had no problems with my controllers. The system, and the extra controller, were purchased on release date.

Quick question regarding your controler... is it all one color, or is the front one color, and the back an "ice" color? I didn't even know about the ones with the "ice" back until I saw that my friend had two. He bought them recently, and they're Nintendo brand controllers. I don't think they've given him any problems yet, but I was still surprised to see two versions of the controller out alreday.

4. Jantzen

Jantzen Stunt Coordinator

My controller was an all Indigo controller bought seperately from the system... the other 3 I have are Black and have not had this problem yet - though I don't think it's because of the color!!!

5. Luke_H

Luke_H Stunt Coordinator

I had a black one I had to take back. I have a clear purple and a all purple, the all purple seems to be holding up the best. I must hit my buttons really hard. I don't think it matters what color it is.

6. Nathan A

Nathan A Second Unit

One of my launch day controller's B button did it; i took it back. On my other 3 controllers the B button is starting to wear out.

On a side note, when I took it back they didn't have another one in stock so i bought the Mad Catz controller (was only $15 at Target). It's actually a pretty good controller, and anyone with bigger hands that wishes the GC controller was bigger should give it a try.