Problems with Buffy Season 6 DVDs

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Alan:B, May 27, 2004.

1. Alan:B

Alan:B Auditioning

I just bought season 6 at Best Buy and I've noticed a few problems. On disc 2 it skips once or twice during the beginning of "Once More With Feeling". And on disc 4 it skips several times on "As You Were" as well as during the special feature for "Doublemeat Palace". Should I go back to Best Buy and ask them to switch the two malfunctioning discs for me or will they make me exchange the entire box set? I'm hesistant to do this because I know the other discs in my copy are fine and I don't want to risk getting a new box set with different problems. Or should I just cut out the middle man and contact the manufacturor? Will Fox exchange the two problem discs for me? And how do I go about contacting them? If any of you guys can help me out I'd really appreciate it. Thanks [​IMG]

2. Tony Whalen

Tony Whalen Producer

Take it back to BestBuy. You'll have to exchange the whole set though. I've heard a couple reports of people doing exchanges, and their new sets working fine. Worth a shot.

No problems with my set...

3. Scott Kimball

Scott Kimball Screenwriter

Sometimes, if you ask, Best Buy will crack open a new set and let you pick the best discs from both. It depends on who you ask.

I'm a familiar presence at Best Buy for DVD purchases - and they have done this for me a few times. Of course, they also know that I spend a lot of money on DVD product in their store. I usually seek out someone who I think will recognize me from my frequent visits.

-Scott

4. Andrew Bunk

Andrew Bunk Screenwriter

There's a decent size thread at DVDTalk about these disks being kind of "wonky". A lot of people seem to be having issues with OMWF. Personally I did not, but my disc 1 skipped ahead 20 seconds at one point during Bargaining Pt.1, nut this only happened on one of my players.

5. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Cinematographer

Reading the reports on all the other sites, it seems a lot of people are having problems, even when they have exchanged them. So, if I were you, I'd try them in another player.

I got the set a few days ago and have yet to open them. I'll have to try them tonight.