What's new

Problems with Bro's Dreamcast, any remidies? (1 Viewer)

Christopher Chung

Stunt Coordinator
Okay, we all know that the Dreamcast is an awsome console, but suddenly, my brother's system stopped recgonizing controllers. Now we tried everything, we plugged in my brand new controller, plugged in a third party controller, and even tested the controllers on another Dreamcast just to check that it's not the controllers; it's the system!

has this happened to anybody, and do you know anything we can do to fix this? Since the Dreamcast is no longer being made, I'm not sure what Sega can do for me. Any help?

Thanks,

Chris

Tim Hess

Second Unit
I remember posts about this when the DC first released.

The 3rd patry controllers might have fried your ports. Is it just CP1 or all 4 of them?

But hey, for $49.99 you can pick up a new one! =)

Christopher Chung

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, neither of the 4 ports work. Sure, $50 is GREAT!!! But how the heck am I suppossed to find one, they're all gone :frowning:

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
Christopher,

This happened to me last summer. Games loaded fine and all, just couldn't do anything with them. Sega quoted me $45 to fix it at the time and I had to pay shipping. Personally, I would go buy a used one cheap at a game store, but make sure you keep your old one in case the new one ever breaks, you might be able to cannibalize parts. For instance, I had a second one go bad a few months later, but it wasn't the same problem. If I didn't have a full-refund warranty from Circuit City, I could have taken out the keyboard controller circuit board from the newer system and replaced it in the older system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks