What's new

Problems with Avia's "white level" calibration... (1 Viewer)

peter_jam

Auditioning
Hey guys,
I was using avia to calibrate my home theater a few hours ago. Everything regarding sound was great, but I had 2 problems when I got to video calibration. The first one was the first calibration you have to do, the white levels (the one where you have to tweak with the "picture" option on your t.v.). So, I see the 4 rectangles on the screen, from light to dark. The dvd said that you must set your t.v. so that the top one doesn't bleed. So I turn my picture dial all the way up, and it becomes way brighter, but the rectangle is still visible, it doesn't become blurry or bleed. You can also see 2 vertical lines on the sides of your screen, and it said in some t.v. sets these lines tend to bend a little, so you should reduce the picture dial until they are straight. Well they were bent in mine, they were curved on the top and bottom parts. So I lowered the picture dial until they were straight, and here is my problem. It's way too dark. I have to set the picture level really low for the lines to appear straight, that's the only problem there, the image quality is excelent. So, has anyone else gone through this? Do you get used to it, or do you saccrifice geometry to get a greater white level?
My other problem is that I bought this dvd after it had been used, and I live in Mexico, so it's pretty hard to get. It didn't came with the filters, so I really can't adjust the color, and ordering the filters would be quite expensive since I don't live in the U.S. I adjusted the color to what I think looks right, but is there any other way of doing this if you don't have the filters? Or can you make them at home, if that's even possible?
Sorry for the long post, but I could really use some help, which will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Steve.G

Agent
YES! same thing with me! no matter how high i put the white level it never the white rectangle never becomes blurry or bleeds. Same thing with me with the lines! no matter what they always bent, well the one on the right is more so then the one on the left. and if i put it low enough it's wayyy too dark.

I compromised and had it so it's just below the point of where it bends real bad, and the picture is bright enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks