What's new

Problems with a Pentium 2 PC (1 Viewer)

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
Hoping you can help, I referb older PC's to donate for children in the Foster Care system and have just ran a crossed a problem with a PC that I have not see before. After replacing a bad CDR in this P2 700mh PC I had fired it up and it ran fine. But then I decided to plug a different Hard drive in place of the one that was in it to try and diagnose that one because I have had problems with getting it to formate on a nother PC. After not being successful with that HD I hooked up the one that was in this PC and fired back up and now before It even turns on the monitor the PC flashes a blinking red light and beeps. It does spin the HD and runs all other parts with in the PC.
Any Ideas as to what this red light is telling me? Here is a photo of the PC with the red light blinking.

[url=https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/6/66/htf_imgcache_13068.jpeg] [/url]

[url=https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/c/c3/htf_imgcache_13069.jpeg] [/url]

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Wes, what sort of charities take older PCs? I'm about to trash a P3 system, but it still runs fine. I hadn't heard of organizations taking such old systems for use. I'd love to donate this stuff if someone else could use it.

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
I just contacted the Utah Division of Child and Family Welfare and stated I had PC's I wished to donate to children in the Foster Care system. the lady I was sent to has gone to work for me finding children that are in need, most I believe has gone to children just leaving the system and going into college that has no PC's.

Brandy S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandy
Alot of places take older (but working!) systems. What they don't want is ones where they have to upgrade or replace parts, etc.
I collect systems for the local youth shelter to learn on, and many other places accept them gratefully as well.
Let me know if you need help finding it a home!

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
You can also list your PC for sale on your local Craigslist. I did that with my old PC recently, and it went to a young college student who was very much in need. It was a good PC for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks