Problems w/ xbox HDTV kit...just the cables?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert Hoffman, Jun 4, 2002.

1. Robert Hoffman

Robert Hoffman Stunt Coordinator

I was curious what peoples experiences have been with the free cables that come w/ the xbox HDTV a/v kit. I plugged it in and had terrible interference with repetitive lines all over the screen, a green picture, and a very very unstable picture. I went out and bought some Monster M-series cables and the problem seems to have gone completely away. Has anyone had similar problems? Or did I just get a set of really bad cables? BTW, I use a Tosh 40h80 rptv.

Thanks,
    Rob

2. Masood Ali

Masood Ali Supporting Actor

The Microsoft supplied cables worked perfectly for me the first time.

3. ChrisV

ChrisV Second Unit

Yeah, mine work fine too.

4. Tim Markley

Tim Markley Screenwriter

I haven't had any problems with the cables either. Sounds like you got a bad cable.

5. Dean DeMass

Dean DeMass Screenwriter

I had a problem with the S-video and component cables that were supplied with the Advanced and Hi-Def kits. I got major interference from both supplied cables.

-Dean-

6. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

I think it's just a shielding issue. Try moving the cables away from things like youre reciever

7. Dean DeMass

Dean DeMass Screenwriter

Jeff,

Shielding is the issue. However, In my situation, I need shielded cables.

-Dean-

8. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

Mine worked perfectly too. I have all my components and subwoofer kind of crammed in a few cubic feet, but have not had interference problems. Just lucky, I guess...

9. Ethen Hunt

Ethen Hunt Auditioning

My HiDef XBox cables work fine on my sony wega, but there is extreme interference on my toshiba, both support 480p...I can't figure out why...

10. Jantzen

Jantzen Stunt Coordinator

Robert -

I had the same problem when I hooked up the HD PAK with the cables that came with it - I saw extremely washed out colors. I replaced with a Monster Video 2 component cable I had laying around and instantly everything looked great. I'm sure the issue is shielding as someone said earlier...

11. Robert Hoffman

Robert Hoffman Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the replys. Everything seems to be going great with the Monster Cables, although on a couple screens I can see a very faint bar that moves accross the screen. It's faint enough that I only see it now because I know exactly what to look for and it's impossible to see >95% of the time. I wonder if using the RF input for the TV causes that? I guess I'll find out when I go digital in a couple months.

Xbox rocks!

Rob