What's new

Problems w/ xbox HDTV kit...just the cables? (1 Viewer)

Robert Hoffman

Stunt Coordinator
I was curious what peoples experiences have been with the free cables that come w/ the xbox HDTV a/v kit. I plugged it in and had terrible interference with repetitive lines all over the screen, a green picture, and a very very unstable picture. I went out and bought some Monster M-series cables and the problem seems to have gone completely away. Has anyone had similar problems? Or did I just get a set of really bad cables? BTW, I use a Tosh 40h80 rptv.

Thanks,
Rob

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
I had a problem with the S-video and component cables that were supplied with the Advanced and Hi-Def kits. I got major interference from both supplied cables.

-Dean-

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I think it's just a shielding issue. Try moving the cables away from things like youre reciever

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Mine worked perfectly too. I have all my components and subwoofer kind of crammed in a few cubic feet, but have not had interference problems. Just lucky, I guess...

Ethen Hunt

Auditioning
My HiDef XBox cables work fine on my sony wega, but there is extreme interference on my toshiba, both support 480p...I can't figure out why...

Jantzen

Stunt Coordinator
Robert -

I had the same problem when I hooked up the HD PAK with the cables that came with it - I saw extremely washed out colors. I replaced with a Monster Video 2 component cable I had laying around and instantly everything looked great. I'm sure the issue is shielding as someone said earlier...

Robert Hoffman

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the replys. Everything seems to be going great with the Monster Cables, although on a couple screens I can see a very faint bar that moves accross the screen. It's faint enough that I only see it now because I know exactly what to look for and it's impossible to see >95% of the time. I wonder if using the RF input for the TV causes that? I guess I'll find out when I go digital in a couple months.

Xbox rocks!

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks