Problems w/ Two Towers Limited Internet CD

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rick_E, Dec 9, 2002.

1. Rick_E

Rick_E Agent

I recieved my Two Towers Soundtrack limited internet edition CD today. The music sounds great, HOWEVER, I can't get any of the "enhanced" features to work...when I click start from windows explorer, and animated interactive Two Towers menu comes up, but when I click on any feature, the whole thing freezes and nothing happens.

Anyone else have this problem?

2. William DAnnucci

William DAnnucci Stunt Coordinator

My Limited Edition CD can not be read by my PC at all! It plays fine on my stereo, but I can't get anything to happen on my computer. This really sucks because I wanted to make some MP3s to enjoy on the go.
    Anyone know if I should be returning it? Anyone else have problems?
    It's too bad. Very nice package and CD otherwise... [​IMG]

3. Craig S

Craig S Producer

Craig Seanor
    Mine froze up as well when I put it in my laptop (I have the Internet LE). Sounds like a recurring problem... [​IMG]

4. William DAnnucci

I just tried my LE on my friend's PC. It played fine on the CD playing software he had. And the CD-Rom menu screen for all the LOTR features loaded fine. So this appears to be software that isn't compatible with some systems.

Anyone know the best way to resolve this pain in the ass? Should I return it to BestBuy.com or contact the CD label?

5. William DAnnucci

[​IMG]
    NEWS FLASH!
    I totally defragged my hard drive using Norton (a process that was quite overdue) and my CD plays fine on the PC Drive.
    The special extras that are supposedly accessed through the weblink seem to still be a washout. The links don't seem to go anywhere. [​IMG]

6. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer