problems w toshiba

Discussion in 'Displays' started by jim lupi, Jul 30, 2003.

1. jim lupi

jim lupi Auditioning

I seem to be having bad luck with toshiba. My 50h82's deflexsion board went after 2 mos. Sears was great and had a new 51H83 to my door in 2 days. I now upgraded to digital cable and noticed that when viewed through the component inputs my coler was washed out. At first I thaught it was a bad cable sig. I now verified that its anything coming in through that set of component inputs. Sears is sending someone to look at it friday. Any ideas on what it may be?

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Are you saying you looked at DVDs through the wideband component inputs and things looked bad? Let me ask you: Have you owned an RPTV before? You may not be used to how standard NTSC video looks on a larger screen.

Also, HD-capable sets often mercilessly reveal how substandard broadcast NTSC images can look.

3. jim lupi

jim lupi Auditioning

yes and yes

colerstream 1 inputs give fine pic. colerstream 2 inputs washed out color and bright pic. adjustments have minimal effect.

4. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings

Could just be a case where the component input has the colour saturation set unusually low (internally in the service menu)

Not all input signals are standardized to look the same on all inputs.

Regards

5. jim lupi

jim lupi Auditioning

>>>

sears cancelled will come next friday.

on a diff note If what you say above is correct. when you adjust the pic with avia/VE how are you to tell if the pic is correct from other sources/inputs?

6. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings

Only way to try to optimize for other sources is to do AVIA with that type of signal.

AVIA via S-video ... then again via Composite Video ... then again via ANT (Waste of time)

Regards

7. jim lupi

jim lupi Auditioning

[​IMG] Ok Sears was just there. Wife called because the service man could not find anything wrong and it was prob cable. I got on the phone and explained that the pic is not good it is washed out and not able to be calibrated with avia with DVD pluged into the colourstream 2 inputs. He went on to check and said he could find nothing wrong and that most people wouldnt notice. He said he would put a call into toshiba

8. jim lupi

jim lupi Auditioning

on tv #3 wish me luck