Problems Using Video Inputs on Front Panel of 811s

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin Jr, Dec 30, 2002.

1. Kevin Jr

Kevin Jr Extra

I received a Pioneer 811s from my wife for Christmas[​IMG] and a PS2 from another family member[​IMG]. I tried to plug the PS2 AV cables into the VCR inputs of my 811s but the video didn't work. I then tried to plug them into the Video inputs on the front panel but I still didn't get any video on the screen. (The sound works fine).
    Any thoughts as to what I may be doing wrong?? Is there any reason the PS2 shouldn't work if it is plugged into my VCR inputs?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

There should be no problem plugging the Play Station into the VCR inputs or any other set of A/V inputs on the receiver. I don't know much about the Play Station & maybe someone will chime in if you post a question about it but maybe the Play Station has a "Video Output" switch on it for "Component" or "S-Video" & "Composite Video" that is not set correctly? That's the first thing I would check. If that's not the answer, I would plug the Play Station directly into your tv to see if it's working correctly. If you do get the video from your Playstation on your tv at least you will known that the Play Station is ok. The next thing I would do is hook up a VCR or any other video product to the receiver & see if it will pass the video to the tv to see if the receiver is working correctly. Hope this helps you out [​IMG]