What's new

Problems switching from Dish to Cable (1 Viewer)

Brett_A

Stunt Coordinator
I just recently switched from Dish Network to Cable(Comcast) and the new signal seems much worse than Dish.

Even on my direct view tv I am getting lots of noticeable jaggies especially noticeable on reds, the resolution is horrible. It is more pronounced on my 65" RPT.

What is the deal with the quality loss and is there anything I can do to fix the problem. I didn't think there was a difference between cable and satellite and have never had these problems with cable in the past.

Daniel De

Agent
Time to get the cable company out to check everything between the source connection and the wall outlet/TV

EricTownsend

Stunt Coordinator
I had the same issue with Adelphia cable and Dish.
I originally signed up with Adelphia to get a good package deal with cable and high speed internet. Well, the cable picture was SO bad that I called Adelphia to check it out. They did.... Three times at my request... The picture quality problem was at its worst with local channels and the low sound volume was more pronounced with high channels.
I was basically forced to switch to Dish because my locals were that bad.... The quality across all channels improved dramatically. Especially on my 57" TV. Most cable companies seem to compress their signals more than satellite. I'm not sure that this has as much to do with a bad PQ, but, there is definately a difference in my experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks