What's new

Problems Connecting New HDTV To Old Receiver (1 Viewer)

cg in tx

Auditioning
Real Name
Craig
I recently arrived from the stone age and purchased my 1st HDTV (my old TVs would not die). I want a true 1080p HD picture but my 11 year old Denon home theater receiver has no HDMI ports. I have DirecTV satellite and connected the HD satellite receiver to the TV with the HDMI cable. For sound, I connected the satellite receiver to the home theater receiver with component cables. Everything works except the sound is a split second off from the video. The video lags behind and it drives me crazy sometimes. If you have the TV speakers and receiver speakers turned up, it echos badly. How can I sinc up the sound and video? Will connecting the audio output from the TV to the receiver solve this. If so, there is only a optical audio and a digital audio output from the TV which is not compatible with the old receiver.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
It's impossible to get sound with component cables. That's only for video. Your receiver does not have digital or optical audio inputs? If not, your only choice is to use analog audio(the red and white cables) from receiver to satellite. You really should consider upgrading your receiver to one with HDMI.

cg in tx

Auditioning
Real Name
Craig
I meant to say I used analog cables for sound from the satellite receiver to the home theater receiver which is 11 years old with no digital or optical connections.

CB750

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bill
LOL Jim

In looking up a question about speaker wall mounts had a number of websites open and posted the response to the wrong thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RGG
Recent bookmarks