What's new

Problems accessing DVD FILE. Can't see posts after 5/28. (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Site keeps "updating itself" (I guess) to the current date but there is nothing new at all. No big deal, but they did manage to cover the announcements Digital Bits missed, so between them the pair was great for keeping up with new release info.

Butch C

Second Unit
Do you have your browser set to update pages everytime you sign on or is it reading archived pages on your hard drive?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
What they said. I check it daily; no problems here so far!
As an example, here's a news item that I saw new this morning at DVDFile:
Movie of the Damned - 12:04am
How not to follow up a hit movie. Combing two books in Anne Rice's popular Vampire Chronicles series, Queen of the Damned didn't exactly light the box office on fire earlier this year, but it is notable for featuring the last performance by pop star Aaliyah before her untimely death. On 8/27, Warner will bow a special edition in separate pan & scan and widescreen editions of the film, so you can decide for yourself. Presented in 2.35:1 with English and French 5.1 surround tracks, extras include no less than 3 featurettes, audio commentary with the filmmaking team, 30 minutes of "Spellbinding" additional scenes, 3 full-length "Lestat" music videos, the Static X "Cold" music video, a still gallery, trailers, and more. Retail is $26.95 for either version.

Paul Richardson

Second Unit
I had the same problem, Dick. I had bookmarked the disc news page. They've changed it (presumably to get people to click through 2 pages of ads) so that you have to go the main page first to get to the latest news.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if the 30 minutes of deleted scenes were what they cut to make QotD such a bad film. The worst I've seen this year, it turns out.

Too bad, the source material is perhaps Anne Rice's best novel.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I'm editing the thread title, since the problem accessing DVD File appears to be limited to one user's setup. I just checked, and I too saw regular updates since May 28.

M.

Um, I'm having the same problem. No matter how I try to access the news from the site, I can't see anything after 5/28. Thnaks to the links provided, I've been able to get there, but otherwise I'm stuck. I had bookmarked the news page, but even if I just go directly to dvdfile.com and start poking around, all paths lead back to 5/28. This hadn't been a problem previously and I can't figure out whay this is happening. Needless to say i feel like an idiot.

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
I'm having the exact same problem, from both my home PC and the computer here at the University. I haven't been able to get any news since the 28th, even when I enter from the main page.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
It is possible that the site is cached at the ISP level, or even that it's not replicating at a hub that multiple ISPs are using, forcing the cache. I'd contact your ISP if you are sure your local cache is purged.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks