Problem with xbox???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Neal Siva, Jul 30, 2002.

1. Neal Siva

Neal Siva Agent

I purchased the xbox last sunday, and it is an excellent system. I also bought Halo, and the system rocks with my home theater setup! However, it seems that I'm having a problem with Halo. Is anybody getting audio hissing in the beginning scenes where you get out your capsule, and one of your crewmen is telling you what each button is used for, and also in scenes where Cortina is also talking to you. In those scenes, I'm hearing like static and hissing when their is speech. Is it supposed to be like that, or is my xbox defective? Please help because I'm starting to get paranoid over here!!! Thanks.

Also, when I push my z and other trigger button on my controller, am I supposed to hear a sound such as a spring being released? When I hold it, and let it go, the "springy" sound is really apparent. Is it supposed to be like that? Thanks again.

(I accidently posted this same question on the video game sofware forum, so I apologize.)

2. Keith_R

Keith_R Screenwriter

Kyle
    Congrats, I bought mine with Halo last Saturday. Anyways, the controller thing sounds normal to me because I've experienced that myself. the hissing is supposedly normal although I don't seem to have a problem with it. There were some threads about that do a search in the Videogame Software forum.

3. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

I replied to your question in email, but I didn't consider that the hissing and static may be normal. There is a lot of audio compression used in the dialog, and maybe you're hearing that.

It may even be possible that the Halo DVD might be defective.

Either way, try swapping the center speaker with another speaker, to rule out a center speaking problem, as dialog is mostly directed at the center channel.

Also, try renting another xbox game, and see if the problem is still there.