What's new

Problem with x-box??? (1 Viewer)

Neal Siva

Agent
I purchased the xbox last sunday, and it is an excellent system. I also bought Halo, and the system rocks with my home theater setup! However, it seems that I'm having a problem with Halo. Is anybody getting audio hissing in the beginning scenes where you get out your capsule, and one of your crewmen is telling you what each button is used for, and also in scenes where Cortina is also talking to you. In those scenes, I'm hearing like static and hissing when their is speech. Is it supposed to be like that, or is my xbox defective? Please help because I'm starting to get paranoid over here!!! Thanks.

Also, when I push my z and other trigger button on my controller, am I supposed to hear a sound such as a spring being released? When I hold it, and let it go, the "springy" sound is really apparent. Is it supposed to be like that? Thanks again.

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
I just bought an Xbox today and I don't have any hissing at all. Hopefully its the game and not the Xbox.

Arthur Legardo

Second Unit
Real Name
ArthurL
Paul is right, it may be your X-Box, mine doesn't do that (audio problem). Come to think of it, your controller might be defective to, my S controller is silent whenever I squeeze either of the triggers.

Donnie Eldridge

Supporting Actor
I would double check your A/V connections first before returning it. Do you here static constant during the game or just when dialogue is spoken?

Neal Siva

Agent
I hear it throughout the game. However, the catch is I have the speaker wire that came with my NSP1 speaker package. I think something like 22 or 24 gauge. So upgrading it to 12 gauge would probably stop the hissing, right?

ChristopherS

Second Unit
If your connections are all good I would immediatley exchange the XBOX for a new one. While I do recommend you eventually upgrade your speaker wire, I really doubt this will solve the hissing problem. If it was the wire you would have had a problem before you got the XBOX.

Chris

Damien

Supporting Actor
immeaditely is right, you only have 7 days!

i am getting worried about mine too. It makes quick crack noises at times when it is on(my new toshiba 20-in flat does this too - only louder). This points me to the hardrive. then it won't run nhl hitz(bought 2 copies, still have 2nd one). I've had a few games freeze and/or not finish loading. I got my x-box in late may, so my warranty will run out in a month. First I'll have to get a memory card and erase the entire hardrive. I heard that can help sometimes. What I will do is test my nhl hitz in someone's elses box to see if it works, then rent another hitz and try it on mine. If it doesn't work for the third time Mr. X-box gets a free ride back to Microsoft. I already talked to them and this is the process I am supposed to go through. I have not seen any red or orange indicator lights YET. The risk of the hardrive going bad after the warranty is too great, so this is probably the best thing for me to do, i still got some ps1 rpg's to finish anyway

Neal Siva

Agent
Actually, I bought my XBox from Best Buy last Sunday, and I have a 30 day return policy. I'm thinking of getting the Service Replacement Plan for 2 years, since it's only $25. It seems that this audio problem is happening to many xboxes. Hope this isn't anything serious.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks