What's new

Problem with video on RPTV (1 Viewer)

Shea

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Mitsubishi RPTV, and for awhile now every once in awhile the screen when watching cable will flash black before going back to the picture. Sometimes it will do it a couple times in a row, then lose video completely. I have an HD cable box, using an S-video cable. I'd just kind of touch the cable where it connects to the tv when that happens and video would come back(didn't know what else to do and it seemed to work). Then yesterday the picture seemed to kind of flicker a little and today it does that some then sometimes is going to black and white, and nothing fixes it, just comes back to color on it's own. Although the last 2 times it's happened I'd change the channel and it goes back to color that instant. I've switched the cables between input 1 and 2 and doesn't seem to make a difference. So...what's going on?

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
Try reversing the S-video cable (end for end) and see whether now touching the cable where it connects the cable TV box causes the problem (suggesting a bad connection inside the S-video cable).

Or just try a different S-video cable.

In general, S-video jacks are more likely to develop loose connections just inside them compared with RCA jacks. A new cable won't help here. This worsens the problem with some TV sets that have just one S-video jack that has to be unplugged completely before the yellow jack can be used at all.

Does the problem happen on all channels?

Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bhirooajantoom