What's new

Problem with Toshiba TW40X81...Help! (1 Viewer)

SHAWN SZILEZY

Stunt Coordinator
Well it is finally happened, a problem with my set. I have owned it since it first hit the shelves and have had good luck with it. Until last night that is. I came home from our local HT get together and my wife was watching some TLC show when all of a sudden the TV let out a popping/buzzing sound followed by the unmistakeable smell of electronic components doing nasty things. Then the picture went crazy almost like when you degauss a computer monitor. I turned it off as soon as I could. I then turned it back on and the image reset to 4:3 and seemed to look alright. The only problem is I have no sound at all. What can I say........help!
:frowning:

BrettHem

Auditioning
Shawn,

I also own the vintage 40 and had the same problem happen in year 2 of ownership. I cant recall what they replaced but it has worked without problems since. I know this doesnt help but have it looked at by a pro. I will try to find the invoice to see what work was done.
Brett

BrettHem

Auditioning
Shawn,

I looked quite extensively but couldn't find the invoice. Sorry!! I remember it had something to do with the power supply and it cost around $100. How did you like your tv up until the current problems? I have loved this tv because it still throws up a quality HD image and trying to wait until you can get a 1080p set at a decent $. I just hope mine can make it another year:frowning: . Anyways, good luck with the repairs or buying a new set!!!
Brett

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks