What's new

Problem with Toshiba 51H84 (1 Viewer)

CraigL

Screenwriter
I received my set not even two weeks ago and I'm noticing around the sides a reddish haze. If I turn the brightness down to about 23, it disappears but that's obviously too dark to watch a movie properly. It's not my speakers becuase they're shielded and I even tried moving them but it stayed. I tried different DVD players and it's still there as well. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I'm noticing on other boards that people have had the same problem as well so on one hand, it makes me feel better that I'm not alone. On the other, I don't know if I should just return this. Anyone??

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
greetings

The TV needs lens striping to fix this. Most crt rptv's have this issue to some degree ...

Regards

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Go to Keohihdtv and read up on it. It is essentially about putting black electrical tape on the crts to even out the colour across the screen.

Regards

CraigL

Screenwriter
Actually, now on DVDtalk I'm hearing that a Best Buy HT person was instructed to send all 51 and 57" Toshiba's back because of defects and returns. Anyone else hear about this?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks