What's new

Problem with Tosh SD-1200 (1 Viewer)

Huzefa

Stunt Coordinator
I tried viewing Gladiator on my Tosh 50H81 and SD-1600 DVD player and the picture looked SOOO grainy. I bought NEW monster component cables from BB just today and hooked 'em up and I've never seen dvd's look worse. What am I doing wrong? Did I mix up the Cr and Cb cables or something? Is there some setup config that I'm supposed to do on my dvd player to set it to work proper with my HDTV? Thanks for your help.

Huzefa

Edit: My dvd player is the SD-1600, not the SD-1200.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
If you had flipped cables, I believe either no picture would display or the colors would be off...but I have no idea what would cause a grainy picture. Have you tried the DVD on another player/TV?

Huzefa

Stunt Coordinator
Well I tried it yesterday on my JVC 27" and it was fine, but I was using an S-video cable. I should probably try using the Svideo output on the dvd player and comparing it again to the component output. Meanwhile, does anyone else have any other ideas?

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Have you tried any other DVDs on your new TV? Have they looked grainy?

Huzefa

Stunt Coordinator
I think the problem was that my sharpness was set to 100. I turned it down to 0 and now the picture is very nice. Hehe, thanks Matt.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.