Problem with Time Warner DVR

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Aaron Cooke, Nov 23, 2005.

1. Aaron Cooke

Aaron Cooke Second Unit

Hi everyone, I don't know if this is a common problem or not but I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone can help. (assuming you guys are more helpful and knowledgeable than TW customer support).

About 2 days ago my TW DVR started not recording shows I had it set up to record. For instance, on monday prison break comes on at 9PM EST and I have set it up to record all season with no problems. The DVR started recording at 8:59 and stopped when it got to 9:00. I don't know if it's because the show is starting early, the clock is wrong or what but it's doing this for every show that is set up to record. starting 1 minute early and then stopping after 1 minute.

Any ideas or suggestions? In the settings I've always just left it at start recording on time and end recording on time.

2. Tom McA

Tom McA Stunt Coordinator

We're several weeks past it, but possible Daylight Savings Time isue? I noticed that several of our season recordings failed after that weekend. I had to delete the season recording, then re-enter it. After that, no problems.

3. Tim Jin

Tim Jin Supporting Actor

I get this problem sometimes with my DVR on TW. It seems like that it has to do with the signal from TW. Usually, when I get the error, the picture on that channel that I'm recording, isn't there. I just get a grey screen.

I haven't found a fix.

As for the time change, if you set your series recording without a specific time frame and just set it to record all new shows, you won't have to deal with the time change error.

4. jeff peterson

jeff peterson Supporting Actor

The hard drive isn't full is it and your settings set to keep all shows until you eraser or auto-erase off? Use the LIST button, followed by the B button to check the contents.