What's new

Problem With Subwoofer (1 Viewer)

Andrew_Cybulska

Auditioning
The problem I have with my subwoofer is that every other few minutes during a movie, it makes a clicking noise, as if it's shutting off and turning back on. What's up?
------------------
Because Nothing Is As Perfect As You Imagine It

Andrew_Cybulska

Auditioning
Kenwood SW-35HT
I only notice it during movies. But I dont' stay by it 24/7 so I don't know if it happens all day.
------------------

Terry Flink

Stunt Coordinator
I had a very similar problem with a Def Tech PF15 sub. Never had it checked out, but suspect it was an issue with the power supply. Used it as an excuse to jump on the SVS band wagon and gave the old sub to a friend.

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
It might just be the *auto-on* cycling.
1)make sure all speakers are set to SMALL on the speaker setup menu in the receiver.
2)if the subwoofer has both L/R linelevel inputs...use both(add a splitter)if you're not already
3)try reducing the volume a bit on the woof's internal volume dial...and compensate by increasing the subwoofer leveler control in the receiver.
Dont forget to recalibrate the subwoofer after step 3, and if you haven't already...make sure you take the time to experiment with various sub placement.
TV

A few years back I had the same subwoofer. Basically, when the sub hasn't been sent a "strong" signal through the LFE, its auto on/off will shut it off and then when it detects a signal it will turn on. As Tom suggested, try increasing the LFE signal out of the receiver and turn down the sub volume itself. This is one of the features that I disliked about the sub and what caused me to get a different one.

Andrew_Cybulska

Auditioning
Thanks for all your suggestions, I'll try it out when I get up again.
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks