What's new

Problem with static/crackling in surround sound! (1 Viewer)

Wes_G

Auditioning
I have an older Pioneer (CX-4000) setup. I have recently decided to finally put out satellites and take advantage of the Dolby Pro Logic surround sound. The problem is when you are running the system in surround the satellites crackle badly. The noise is equal to the volume so when you raise the volume the crackle/static gets louder along with it.

Anyone know what would cause this crackle? I just replaced all the wiring so that's not it.

Frank@N

Screenwriter
My 10 year old Pro-Logic system does the same thing...sort of.

But in my case, the static/crackle is across the left/right channels.

I can't hear it when programs are playing, of course, but it's probably there the whole time.

I'm still OK with fewer channels and high noise floor, but eventually I will upgrade my whole A/V setup to a larger display and a fully digital sound system.

Till then I just live with it.

Maybe I pushed the volume too high in the past (speaker damage?).

Wes_G

Auditioning
Well until I can find a permanent fix I took the satellites and plugged them into the extra front speaker slots (B) and they come in crystal clear. Problem is you can't adjust them like you can true satellites so it's always 50/50 between front and rear. Works well enough for now, I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks