Problem with Sony STR-675 and Sirius audiovox PNP

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Mike Milillo, Apr 21, 2004.

1. Mike Milillo

Mike Milillo Stunt Coordinator

Hey guys, I am pulling my hair out the last few days trying to get this Audiovox plug and play unit to work with my receiver. I can hook up the audiovox unit to my PC speakers (2 speakers and subwoofer) and it sounds great. However, when I hook it up to the AUX port of my sony, I get no sound, only a hum once I get up into the high 20's and 30's. Same thing when I plug it into the CD input on the receiver. The strange thing is I have a kenwood home unit that works fine in both input ports. Is there something I am missing, I am going crazy here. I have tried 2 different home cradles and 3 different audio cables.
    The audio cable that the unit uses to interface with a AV receiver is RCA left and right on one end and a headphone mini type plug on the other. To go into my PC speaker setup I am using a cable with headphone type connectors on both sides. please help before I go crazy, lol. thanks

2. Mike Milillo

anybody?

3. Mike Milillo

found out from audiovox that the problem is caused by loop ground from the cable company. When I unplug the cable wires from my AV receiver the problem goes away and the PNP works fine. Is there some type of device that I can run the cable line through to get rid of this loop ground, thanks?

4. Mike Milillo

talking to myself, but here is the solutions. I used this radio shack ground loop isolator in between the plug and play and the AV receiver, cleared the problem right up.
    some of the guys on one of the other threads helped me out, this site is always a valuable resource of info. thanks again

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...t%5Fid=270-054