What's new

Problem with secure websites (1 Viewer)

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Hi all,

I've been having trouble recently with secure websites. I can't get to the log-in for my bank, the secure log-in for Yahoo! Mail, or the secure log-in for my school's e-mail. I thought it might be a problem with Microsoft's latest patch, so I tried it with FireBird and that didn't work either. I tried shutting off my firewall and still nothing. I am running XP Pro on a Dell Latitude C800 if that helps at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Seth

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Can't help you if you don't tell us what the problem is. I can't login is not very descriptive. Do any error messages pop up? Do the pages not load? What does it do?

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Well, last night I couldn't get to the pages. When I typed the URL or clicked on the link to those pages it would look like my computer was completely frozen (but I could open a different browser and go to other pages.

Anyway, when I woke up and turned on my computer, everything was fine. I guess I just needed to perform a magic restart!?!

Tony Loewen

Stunt Coordinator
Seth, just for your info, since it's cleared up already... I had the same thing happen to me a while ago, I went into regedit and tricked xp into reinstalling iexplorer, no dice... tried restarting security services in system management, still no luck. after searching all of microsoft's knowledge bases and coming up empty, as a last ditch effort i called up the isp, and it turned out to be a problem with the line (DSL). about 20 minutes later somebody on there end fixed something and that was all it took. If anyone else has this problem, can't get into secure sites, call your isp and have them check your line.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks