What's new

problem with samsung plasma (1 Viewer)

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
I have a samsung 43 inch plasma screen thats a lil over a year old and all of a sudden it wont cut on. i was using it the night before and now nothing. it makes the noise like it wants to cut on but no picture. lil led flashes a steady flash. I looked in back of tv and nothing looks like its messed up. can anyone help me model number is PN43D430A3DXZA version N102

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Call Samsung. Sounds like(or at least it could be) a dead power supply from bad capacitors. Long running problem for Samsung TV.

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
I did they wanted to charge me to have someone look at it. had me test it for them couple different things different plug in blah blah blah. I looked at all the capacitors and they all looked fine. None were domed up like I read about

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Unless you want to buy an Ebay power supply(last I checked...which wasn't recently, there were people selling repair or exchange...or whole power supplies) repair/exchange.

Just like Onkyo X07 HDMI board(707, 807 etc) there are "fix-its" for Samsung. Unless you can drop it off somewhere for a quick look-see...

99% of the advice you are going to get is power supply. And even then it is a shot in the dark.

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
when u say power supply do u mean cord? or actual motherboard? sorry new to all this.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Not the cord. The "innards" that cord plugs into.

Removing the power supply isn't difficult. You have to unplug the TV for 24-48 hours for complete electrical discharge first.

You can't "look in there", you have to remove it.

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
Ok thanks. When I said looked in there I just meant at the capacitors since all I can find online for the most part is that those I guess "explode" and u change those to fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks