What's new

Problem with Samsung HW-K850 soundbar, please help (1 Viewer)

justcrash

Auditioning
Real Name
Darian
Hello all! I miss hoping someone could help me out.

We have a sharp Lc-50lb261u TV. We recently mounted it over the fireplace and I thought we would improve the sound.

Went to Best Buy looking to spend around $300 but the sales guy directed us to the Samsung HW-K850 and it sounded awesome. It was also way out of our budget.

The sales guy then directed us to an open box which was half off. Still over what I wanted to spend but the GF considered it a present so we brought it here one.

We have an TWC cable box going into the hdmi 1 port on the sound bar and the TV ARC out to the like port on the TV.

Everything is fine at first but the video just cuts in and out. I've tried different hdmi cables as well as going direct to the tv (previous set up) and it's definitely the sound-bar.

So no video but I get sound. Is this something I did wrong or is it probably why the unit was returned?

Also I won't be able to use my PS4 and cable box with the sound ad so any decent receiver recommendations?

I really appreciate any help you can offer us.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
The only way to tell for sure what the problem is, is try another sound bar.

If by “receiver” you mean a standard AVR, they are a completely different platform for being the “hub” of a system and providing audio for video. As such, sound bars and AVRs are incompatible - you can’t “mix and match” the two.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks