What's new

Problem with Samsung DLP (1 Viewer)

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
This is regarding my Samsung DLP 50" (last year's model). . .

Okay, so I've read around the web and did quite a few searches and couldn't find anything regarding my problem:

My TV turns on all by itself at random times.

I've read about people who have trouble turning them on, bulb blows prematurely, need to unplug it for awhile, etc but nothing about it turning on by itself. It only happens once every month or so, so it's not super-frequent. It's just enough to be annoying. We've come home to find it on, or woken up in the middle of the night with it on. We have no pets or kids that could accidentally turn the thing on.

I was thinking that perhaps it could be a power problem and have thought about putting a UPS on it. I'm sure that's not a bad idea anyway. Anybody have the same problem?

Thanks.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Um...remote control with a sticky on button? Try putting the remote in a box for a month and see if that narrows the problem down?

My advice sounds goofy.

DaveNel

Second Unit
Sounds like you have a Ghost in your House ;)

Just kidding, My brother had the same problem with his and they had to replace some type of board on his.

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
Thanks Max and Dave :)

Max, that's an interesting suggestion but. . .we have one of those big Sony programmable remotes with the touchscreen, so it would take a lot for that screen to "stick". I guess anything's possible. Maybe we'll try putting it away when we're not using it.

Dave, glad to hear (well maybe not) that someone else has had this problem. I hear so many people reporting they've had to have boards replaced it's kinda scary, but if it's gotta be done it's gotta be done. I think I'll call up Samsung and see what they say.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Poltergiest(sp?)????
Close Encounter?

lol

It has to be just a touch freaky... Or maybe I just watch to many movies anymore...lol

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks