What's new

Problem with projector lens/light reflection on projector screen. (1 Viewer)

greggor

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg
As the topic title states I'm seeing the reflection of my projector lens light bulb on my my projector screen. The projector is an Epson 5030 and my screen is A 110" Elite series screen in white. I've tried a few things such as turning down the lumens and the brightness on the projector but nothing has worked so far. It happens in all modes. Is this a screen or projector issue? Anyone else experience this and if so hod did you stop it from happening? It's irritating and really distracts from the otherwise phenomenal picture quality of this projector.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Hmm, I have a similar setup but never that problem. Something with the lens shift maybe?

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I suffer the same with my Epson 9500 UB onto a 110" Affinity .09 gain screen. I sit 12' away from the screen and it also happens to the seats next to me. I have never found out if it happens to the seats behind me which are elevated 9" up.

I've just grown used to it, but sometimes it rears its ugly head.

Attachments

• HomeTheaterRoom2011008.jpg
    HomeTheaterRoom2011008.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 285
  • HomeTheaterRoom2011007.jpg
    HomeTheaterRoom2011007.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 187

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
It's called hotspotting. You probably bought a screen with too high of a reflectivity rating. What's the gain on that screen? Try a grey screen.

greggor

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg
I'm not sure what the gain is on the screen. Good to know I'm not alone, not so good to know that the fix probably requires me to purchase a new screen. Would I have any luck painting the material a flat light gray color or would that just destroy the screen?

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I don't know, but I'd not ruin a working screen to experiment... Good luck!

Edit: What kind of wall do you have behind the screen? Try beaming onto that and see how it looks and if it knocks the effect down.

greggor

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg
I don't know, but I'd not ruin a working screen to experiment... Good luck!

Edit: What kind of wall do you have behind the screen? Try beaming onto that and see how it looks and if it knocks the effect down.

The wall behind the screen is black painted dry wall. I guess I could get some light gray flat paint and paint the area where the screen goes as a test.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks