What's new

Problem with Pioneer Elite 710 + Denon 2900 (1 Viewer)

BrianM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian
This may be a stupid question but please bear with me. I recently changed my DVD player from the Sony 7700 to the Pioneer 2900. Since the change I can not change the screen size (IE. stretch, full etc.) The screen stays locked in the full mode. I almost always watch movies in their correct aspects anyway but when my daughter watches hours and hours of her 4:3 Barney videos I would like to stretch the picture to minimize risk of burn-in. This may have been better posted in the DVD section but I was not sure where it belonged. I would appreciate any help I can get.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi

your TV locks in full mode, you will have to watch in whatever format your DVD passes then signal in, or use the zooming / stretch feature in your player (if your player has it). This is one of the reasons why the Panasonic RP-91 was such a popular player.

Regards

Gregg

greg_t

Screenwriter
Have you tried switching the DVD player to interlaced mode? By inputting a native 480i image rather than a 480P, you should be able to use the stretch modes. I thought, but could be wrong, that the 710's locked on full with native 480p but did not when given 480i. Give it a try.

BrianM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian
greg_t,
That was it!!! I spent two weeks trying to figure this out and you solved my problem in minutes. I should have come here first. Now does this mean I can not watch a progressive scan image on my TV without going through the set-up menu? Should I just leave it on interlaced and swtch to progressive for non-anamorphic discs?

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
the other way around,

leave in PScan for anamorphic, switch to interlaced for non anamorphic and 4x3 material.

regards

Gregg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks