What's new

Problem with picture on RPTV (1 Viewer)

BrianM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian
For many years this is the first place I turn to when i have any hardware questions and I'm hoping someone here can help me now. I have a Pioneer Elite 72" RPTV that is about 6 years old. For the past month I have noticed the picture gets very soft and bright (almost as if someone has turned up the contrast all the way) then suddenly there will be a blue flash and the picture will be perfect. This will happen over and over again but it is not consistent. I plan on having someone come to my house for a service check but I am afraid that when the tech comes the problem won't occur. Can any one help me with what this could possibly be and how to fix it? It's getting hard to watch movies because i am so focused on this issue.

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
Seems like a failing component such as a capacitor inside. No choice but to let the tech come over and hopefully see the problem occur.

According to Consumer Reports in 2005, your TV is at the age where you should seriously consider buying a new TV rather than repairing. At least don't spend several hundred dollars on a repair.

Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks