What's new

Problem with Parts Express Amp.....300-796 (1 Viewer)

Ok, I finally finished painting my enclosure flat black. about time. So when I was putting the sub and amp back in, the problems began. First I mounted the sub, then flipped the box over to put the amp in. I hooked up the sub to the amp, and tested it. It worked great. So i screw the amp into the box and stand the box up, and proceed to lug it into its place. So I go to fire it up again, and i get no sound. I check all the settings on the amp, and made sure it was on, and it was. So i was like great, I guess the positive/negative wire came off the prong on the sub. So i take the sub back out, and sure enough the postive terminal was off. I put it back on, screw the sub in again, and lug it in its place. I go to turn it on again, and i get nothing. I figured that it came off again, so I take the sub out yet again, but the prongs ARE both connected. I mess around with them for about 30 minutes trying to wire the sub up each and every way just to get some sort of sound out of it and I get nothing. So I decide to fish an old orion sub out of my closet and test it just to see if my shiva isnt dead. The old orion sub does not work either, (SVC 4 ohm) So I'm thinking my amp is done? Anybody please tell me I'm forgetting a little step or something. sub out on the receiver to the right input on the 300-796, power supply plugged in, the amp comes on, but i get no sound. HELP!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks