What's new

Problem with Panny RP91 and 24K Gold CDs??? (1 Viewer)

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
I recently received my MFSL 24K gold copy of "Dark Side Of The Moon" and, when I tried to play it in my RP91, I met with unexpected results. The player tries to read it in, but has a problem. After a few attempts at reading the disc and then some rather disconcerting sounds emanating from the player, it reads, "No Play."

Have any of you RP91 owners met with similar results?

Just to be sure that it wasn't a bad disc copy, I tried with a Sony Mastersound 24K gold disc, but to no avail.

Now what???

RicP

Screenwriter
Hmm.

I have a 91 and I have no problems playing any gold cd's. In fact I tried the MFSL Dark Side as well and the Panny read it quickly, and started playing.

Try cleaning the discs and putting them in again. Can your 91 read silver CD's ok? CDR's? Mine does them all flawlessly.

Let us know what you find out.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
RicP,

Screwy, isn't it???

I tried cleaning one of the gold discs with a mild dishwashing liquid and it still didn't work.

It can read silver discs with no problem, but I've yet to try a CD-R...will do tonight.

Regards,

Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks