What's new

Problem with my velodyne..... (1 Viewer)

Josh Wolfman

Stunt Coordinator
I have an Velodyne F 1200 servo sub from 1994. I love the sub...it is perfect for my bedroom system. This past weekend I was adjusting the volume (wanted a little more bass) and when I turned the volume knob, I heard a lot of static. There was only a few places on the volume dial when I could actually hear the sub. I think the contacts need to be cleaned but I am not sure. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Jacob C

Second Unit
you are most likely right, there are products designed specifically for that kind of stuff. A friend used some on my guitar once and it worked great.

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
Head into your local electronics store and get a can of contact cleaner. With the sub off and preferably unplugged, spray this into the volume pot while working the pot itself back and forth through its full range of motion.

Just an FYI: There are some who say that this method could potentially cause damage, but I've been doing this for years on pro-audio gear with no ill effects.

Josh Wolfman

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the tips.....I actually did not want to take a chance with it so i brought it into the local high end shop. They have an excellent tech and will diagnose the problem along with checking out the rest of the sub. I figure after 10 years of hard use, I owe it to the little guy to get a checkup. I am using the SVS in my bedroom now as a substitute. Big difference! The Velodyne is cleaner but that SVS has some ballz!!!! Thanks again for the replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks