1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with my Toshiba SD1700

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by RobertCharlotte, Dec 13, 2003.

1. RobertCharlotte

RobertCharlotte Supporting Actor

Last night, I heard a strange sort of pop in the audio of the DVD I was watching (I was folding laundry, so my attention was slightly diverted), and I noticed that two things had happened. The audio dropped greatly in volume and the front display stopped working.

Things I've tried:
    Turned power off and back on.
    Unplugged and plugged back in.
    Looked in manual to see if (by some strange coincidence) there was an entry on the troubleshooting guide for this event. There wasn't.

Things I've thought of doing but haven't done yet:
    Using a "reset to defaults" option in the setup menu. I'm not even sure if the setup menu for this player has such an option.

I'd love to hear anybody's suggestions. The player still plays, though as I said the volume level is greatly reduced. There were no power surges or anything like that that I noticed at the time.

2. RobertCharlotte

3. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Not sure where to start.

Is the unit connected to a surround-sound system?

4. RobertCharlotte

No, it's not connected to surround sound. This is the player in the bedroom, and it is connected through an RF adapter to my TV. There is no volume problem with any other source (CATV, VCR). I had actually temporarily forgotten about the volume problem when I turned the DVD player off Friday night and got quite a start when the CATV kicked in at full volume.