What's new

Problem With My Television Set - Can Anyone Help? (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Last night I noticed a problem with my television set. It is a 32in Hitachi Ultravision CRT HDTV Monitor. I'm not sure what the problem is called, but on the lower edge of my screen, especially in the lower left corner, I have discoloration, resulting on a green or purple blob (depending on what color is on the screen at the time) Can anyone tell me what the problem is and what kind of repair would be involved.

Thanks

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Move speakers away from set ... then degauss the set by unplugging it and plugging it back in ...

fingers crossed ...

Regards

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Yes, this chroma distortion sounds very much like the Hitachi is sitting too close to unshielded speakers. Move immediately, as this can cause permanent damage.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I suppose it is possible. I just bought some new speaker stands for my surrounds and they might be a little bit close. But I also have a center channel speaker sitting on top of my set with no problem. Are center channels often shielded and satellites not?

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Ok, things seem to be okay now, thanks. I knew about the unshielded speakers, but for some reason forgot. Is there anyway you can shield satellites that aren't shielded out of the box?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks