Problem with my speaker sound. Help Please.

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Omard., Oct 9, 2003.

1. Omard.

Omard. Stunt Coordinator

I purchased a Sony Htib about 3 or 4 years ago. It came with some small speakers so I upgraded them to a pair of Bose 301's and changed the rears to some bigger Sony speakers from another radio, and kept the center speaker the same. The problem (which I just noticed about 2 or 3 months ago) is that when I use the test tone feature on my receiver I get noise out of two or three speakers at the same time. For example the left front and the left rear will make noise at the same time. What could be causing this?

2. James Edward

James Edward Supporting Actor

I'd checkk all the speaker connections on the back of the receiver- it sounds like you have some wires crossed, or they are touching where they should not be.

There's a slim chance that the tone generator is messed up, but I'd bet you have some speaker wires touching one another.

If you have a THX disc with 'Optimode', try running that- if the same situation presents itself, you know that the tone generator is definitely ok, and you've got some wiring issues with the speakers.

3. Omard.

Omard. Stunt Coordinator

I just redid all my wires with new plugs and new wires. On another note I dont have a optical input on my receiver. When i go menu ( the one i can see during the movie)on my sony dvd player to change or verify the audio setting of the movie I see 3.2 is this the same as dd 5.1?