Problem with my Sony Wega....need advice.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Corey W, Mar 8, 2002.

1. Corey W

Corey W Agent

Ok...Ive got a Sony Wega 36V-FS12 36" Television. Ive had it for over a year and no problems at all, its an excellent television.

This past weekend I finally set up my Home Theater system including Acoustic Research HC6 Speaker system, and Onkyo 898 Reciever along with my Pioneer DV-414 DVD Player and Playstation 2.

I have been using S-Video for the past year and with the new reciever finally switched up to Component Video. Here is where the problem comes in.

When using the Component Video on the television I get a white line going the vertical length of the television that scans from Left to Right about once every second. It is only when using the Component Video Input.

I have isolated the problem to the television. I get the same thing whether the signal is running through the reciever or straight to the television. I have tried differnt cables and differnt components (My fathers DVD Player etc.)

A Local Service Center seems to think it might be an interferece problems so before i have anyone come out to look at it i wanted to get the opinions of any of you. I neglected to purchase and extended warranty on the television also.

Any information anyone has would be appreciated. Thanks.

Corey W.

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Is it a sharply defined line that moves across the screen, or is it kind of blurry? Not sure what to make of this.

3. MickeS

MickeS Producer

Move the TV to another part of the room and see if it still happens. Sounds like some kind of interference to me.

/Mike

4. Rod Melotte

Rod Melotte Stunt Coordinator

Sounds like a vertical scanning bar that I've been reading about today that comes on Sony's.
    Does it do it when the Digital Reciever is on ONLY?
    There are a few Sony threads on this site that have that problem and www.epinions.com has some reviews about the scanning bars.
    It can be fixed but I did not see how or where. I was not interference.

5. Corey W

Corey W Agent

It only shows up when the Component Input on the TV is being used. Doesnt matter whether the source is hooked up through my reciever or straight to the TV.

As for moving it thats kind of hard because the room isnt that big and the fact that with the TV, Stand, and Equipment it weighs close to 400+ pounds.

Thanks for the replies so far...going to do some looking on Epinoins.com

Corey W.

6. Corey W

Corey W Agent

Well doing a little more research it looks like i have found the problem. Looks like its a known one as well. Im going to paste below for anyone else who might be having the same problem.
    This is from a nice person at Audioreview.com named Jason: