Problem with my reciever

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by LawrenceK, Oct 12, 2001.

1. LawrenceK

LawrenceK Stunt Coordinator

Recently my receiver has not been producing sound from any source. When I turn it on, I can hear "air" from the speakers, then the sound is cut off, and then repeats. This basically means that no matter what source, or connections are used, no sound comes out when watching movies/tv/whatever. The thing is, if I leave a source playing for awhile, like a dvd, it will eventually "click" and sound will start playing, and it will work fine until I shut it off. After I shut it off, it might turn and work fine, or it might give me the problem again. Anybody know what might be causing this, and if I can fix it? Thanks.

2. SamRoza

SamRoza Stunt Coordinator

I'd recommend looking at whether or not you have your B channel selected or something. Or, like on Kenwood receivers, there was a button that would bypass all sound in every input, and you must deselect it to hear sound again.
    Sam

3. Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Cinematographer

Carl III
    Its hard to tell exactly whats going on but I would reccomend double checking the wiring to make sure that all of your connections are secure and no wires are crossed. A short could cause clicking or interupt the sound and if left untreated it will fry the receiver.

4. MarkO

MarkO Second Unit

Does the display work at all times? If it does im willing to guess its a bad amp turn on relay. Since it is mechanical it has a high probability of intermittent failure.

5. LawrenceK

LawrenceK Stunt Coordinator

Yes the display is on at all times