What's new

Problem with my phantom center channel. HELP!! (1 Viewer)

stang97

Auditioning
Real Name
derek
So my setup utilizes a left/right front speaker, l/r rear speakers with no real center channel. My system is setup using a "phantom center channel" The problem I am having is that while watching a dvd I cant hear the people talking, its really quiet but the sound effects and music I hear fine. So then if i crank it up to hear the dialogue, the sound effects and music come in super loud and scare the crap out of ya.

Any idea why this is occurring?? It just started happening after we had the kitchen redone. We did have speakers in the kitchen that were connected to the system but never replaced to their locations after the job was done. Im thinking this knocked everything out of whack.

Is it just in the setup of the preamp??

Paul_Dunlop

Second Unit
proper phasing is setting up your speakers with positive to positive and negative to negative

if your speakers get hooked up out of phase, it can cause cancellation - and not sound good

check your hookup from speaker to receiver - ensure that they match

another thing to try is when using Dobly Digital, you can use a setting that removes the louds and the lows - Denon calls it D.Comp - some call it midnight mode

that may help

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
First thing to do is make sure you have the center channel turned off in the setup. Some dialog does bleed over into the front mains even with a center enabled, so this may be what you are hearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks