What's new

Problem with my Logitech Slim Combo Keyboard (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
It’s a two part device. The keyboard that magnetically attaches to my iPad Pro 12.9 2nd gen. Then there’s a back the iPad snaps into and that is the problem. It has been dropped (actually kitten dropped) and both bottom corners of the case have snapped off. That makes it a very lose fit and the ipad will fallout of the case while I’m typing. I’ve tried a fix with the Suguru moldable glue and haven’t been successful.

I was looking at this on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-iPad-P...=193162181190042e6000f7134a3a94cd85a6c64e9dfc

It certainly is a good price. Maybe too good. I notice the keyboard uses a scissors type a ton for the keys. Is that an inferior method. Opinions on this keyboard are appreciated.

Or if you have a repair method to suggest, I’m all for it.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I’m looking at that eBay keyboard a little harder. The $22 is for the case, which I’m assuming is the back that the ipad snaps into. $33 for case and keyboard. The ipad doesn’t know there’s a case, it’s independent of it. I could buy both and If I don’t like the keyboard, I’ll just continue using the Logitech keyboard and the new case.

Sound like a plan that could work?

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Just happened across this post and thought I’d update. I’m not sure why I said the Suguru glue didn’t work. It’s a claylike material that I molded into corners around the ipad. I covered the corners with Saran Wrap first to protect the ipad. Then molded it onto the back of the keyboard, the part that holds the ipad. I molded it onto the ipad too. When it dried I pulled out the ipad and now I have two corners that hold the ipad into the back. It ain’t pretty, but it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks