Problem with my computer recognizing my MP3 player....

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Allan, Mar 5, 2004.

1. Allan

Allan Stunt Coordinator

Long story short -- I have a Nomad Jukebox Zen 2.0 MP3 player. I loaded the software it came with on my old laptop and it worked perfectly. I ripped about 200 CDs onto the Nomad. Then, my laptop died and I bought a desktop (as well as a new laptop). Anyway, I loaded the same software onto both new computers, however, neither one will recognize the Nomad (and therefore I am unable to add more CDs to it).

I have been emailing Creative Labs (they make the Nomad) back and forth for days but they cannot seem to fix the problem. I have uninstalled and re-installed the software multiple times to no avail. Notably, while installing the following message pops up:

iKernel.exe - Application Error
    The instruction at "0x771c7329" references memory at "0x00163640". The memory could not be read. Click on OK to terminate the program.

As I said above, this error message has displayed every time I install the software. I simply click OK at that point. Is this error causing all of the problems? If so, how do I fix it????

Also, please note that my old laptop (upon which everything worked perfectly) I ran Windows 98. My current computers both run Windows XP. (Creative says their software works with XP as well.)

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Thanks,
    Allan

2. Loreni

Loreni Extra

Have you tried the disk clean up[the Nomads disk]?Or the new driver[go on creative website]?I might be the wire than connects Zen to USB.Try it on any other computer aswell.