What's new

Problem with my BFD?? (1 Viewer)

Michael_T_Jones

Auditioning
I searched through the other posts on BFD, but couldn't find an answer.
The other day while switching channels on the DISH, I would get a static sounds whenever it would change channels. Still do.
Also, occasionally while watching a DVD, I would get the same static sound. It's real quick.
It plays through all the speakers, even when the receiver is set to STEREO.
I started unplugging cables one by one while trying to reproduce the sound(kept changing channels on the DISH).
When I pulled the cable running from the subout, the noise stopped.
It is the BFD. I have one of those "cheater plugs" as you all call 'em. When I inserted it into the connection, eliminating the ground wire, the noise was NOT there.
Is it safe to not have the ground wire? I wouldn't think so. What can I do internally to the BFD to maybe get rid of the noise?
I really don't want to send it back, I would rather fix it on my own.
Also, is it doing any harm when it produces that static sound through the speakers. Should I not use the BFD until I get it fixed?
Thanks,
Mike

Sundar Prasad

Stunt Coordinator
Continue to use the cheater plug. There is nothing wrong with your BFD. I guess 9 out of 10 home users have disabled the ground lead on the BFD using a cheater plug or some other method due to the floating ground hum induced by it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks