problem with my 42h81 need help

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Javon_W, Sep 10, 2002.

1. Javon_W

Javon_W Agent

I have been happy with my Tosh 42h81 since June of this year and have had no problems until now. About a week ago the tv turned off and back on by itself and i thought it had to do with my surge protector so i went and bought a new monster one, just yesterday it flicked off and then on again but this time i noticed when it turned off the red light stayed on...I am wondering what should I do and what should I check, I have a 7 year warrenty from crazy eddie (i love that place) but I dont want to return it right away and get some advice from you guys. TIA

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Sounds like power supply issues. The set requires servicing/warranty work. This problem won't go away by itself.

3. Jan Strnad

Jan Strnad Screenwriter

What Jack said, but it could also be any sort of electrical problem that triggers a "safety shutdown."

Yeah, you need a service technician.

Jan

4. Chet Hayes

Chet Hayes Agent

I recall seeing some previous threads a while ago where other people were reporting the same problem on Toshiba H81 vintage TV's, where they just mysteriously would turn off.

I suggest you make a warranty call as Toshiba should be aware of the problem.