Problem With Mounting JBL S36II to ceiling

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Mike~Sileck, May 25, 2004.

1. Mike~Sileck

Mike~Sileck Supporting Actor

Hey, I was wondering if anyone who has these speakers or anytone else(!) has any idea how to hand these speakers using mounts that direct the speakers at an angle somewhat. I'm trying to put them in using a set of mounts I have, but they only use the top holes on each side (There are 4 holes, 2 sets on each side, I have mounts to use the top one on each side). However, this makes the speakers vibrate, and they aren't supported fully. Does anyone have any ideas about this? Thanks!

Mike

2. Bill Mullin

Bill Mullin Stunt Coordinator

I mounted a pair right next to the ceiling using brackets and wood shelves I purchased from Home Depot. I had Home Depot cut the wood to my specifications, then I stained the shelves with "washed oak". Although these weren't strictly mounted to the ceiling, they were only an inch away from touching. This setup looked good and worked great!

- Bill

3. Mike~Sileck

Mike~Sileck Supporting Actor

Are there any mounts made to support these for ceiling use? If not, does anyone know of two speakers that would ceiling mount well with the Vantage Point Bookshelf Speaker Mount Extender Series (BKSP)? Hopefully something sonically in tune with my JBL S-series? Thanks for looking guys

Mike